After reading up on personal branding, I have been pondering all week about developing my personal brand. These are my results:
- Name used – I liked the idea of a meaningful name, but didn’t come up with a great fantasy name. The current name “sabine’s 23things” may even be abstract enough for future use.
- Photograph – I don’t have any professional up-to-date portrait photo.
ToDo: I need to go to a professional photographer first (which is on my list of summer activities).
- Professional/personal identity – I like to keep my professional and private identities separate. I will limit the personal touch on using photos from trips or tours.
- Visual brand – I like a fresh, bright and slim design – nothing to fancy or overloeaded. I would like to use a recognisable image, but haven’t come across one yet.
ToDo: Keep looking out for pictures, colours and layouts.
- Online visibility – I am quite present on the results list of Google, Bing and Yahoo, 123people.de and yasni.de. Although documents and publications turn up, no social network entries are shown.
ToDo: Allowing Google search for this weblog. I am thinking of opening up my XING profile for Google and creating a publication list (either on XING or in this weblog) in the weeks to come.
- Setting up alerts – I set up alerts on Google and Twitter.
ToDo: Check out MyOn-ID or MyWebCareer.com.
This week made me realize, that I am visible online with my professional identity in different bits and pieces and that it is to me to create an integrative and homogeneous picture/brand. That is also why I will keep my personal brand in mind for all the Things still to come.
Photo taken in Grolland, Bremen, Germany, May 2011.