Reflecting all Thing 4 activities, I still find RSS feeds most useful at the moment, although twitter posts are beginning to catch up since I have been able to integrate them in my feedreader and keep everything together. I am still trying to find the best tweets and weblogs to get the right balance of information.
I am subscribing to quite a few weblogs to keep up-to-date with
- libraries in Germany and English-speaking countries,
- statements of library associations,
- developments regarding information literacy, teaching and learning IL,
- personal interests (postcasts, photoblogs etc.).
I realized that it is important to re-evaluate my selection on a regular bases as blogs are discontinued or re-focused. For most blogs, I just read the post headlines, but now and then I come across very interesting news and information. Blogs I find particularly useful:
- Bibliotheksportal.de – Aktuelles
- Planet Biblioblog 2.0 (collection of German weblogs relating to libraries or archives)
In the next few weeks, I will have an eye on the output and usefulness of information received through the tweets and new RSS feeds. I am also curious to see how people are handling their weblog posts and tweets, which information appears at which place.
Photo: Vapourer Mouth, Harz, July 2011. (c) Sabine Rauchmann